Sunday, January 22, 2012

Organic Inspiration and a WE BE JAMMIN workout



I was blown away by the awesomeness of flycycle today. The music was da bomb, the energy was so focused and the love was alive, baby! I had each student write some inspiration for the group on a piece of paper and I read them (actually more like shouted them) during class. I had no idea how amazing it would feel to watch them inspire each other. I always know its a strong room when I get goose bumps during class. That is my spirit saying-HEY O!!!! I got goose bumps today and it was because the room was encouraging, fun, focused and fierce. I like to think being there for each other, even anonymously, allowed them to be in it together. I loved every single card that I read today. It got me all excited to do a killer workout after I was done teaching. I know alot of moms out there have some sort of cardio equipment at home so you can sub any cardio for the bike portion below.

I rode the bike at a challenging pace for one song. I played with the tension, speed and stayed in that really tough zone 3.
After the bike:
25 squat thrusts (I used a ugi ball but you can either use nothing or a dumbbell)
25 push ups
25 bent over rows with dumbbells
25 squats with dumbbells
25 lunges holding the dumbbells, switching legs
25 crunches holding the dumbbell

I did this whole thing 5 times keeping the bike portion one song.
I did the floor exercises in a pyramid going from 25 the first round to 20 reps for each the second, 15, 10 and 5. The last set was my fave. :)

As long as you go hard in the cardio and really focus on form throughout the moves, this can be really challenging. I am thinking about bringing it to an Organized Chaos class at Fly because it was a great set of work.
I hope it makes sense.
bike to floor working in a pyramid, 5 rounds and BAM! DONE! If anyone has any questions, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. That's the kind of workout I could get behind. Nice and simple. And no crazy burpees or mountain climbers. Tell me when you are doing that class and I will come. Eventually I need to start getting back into strength training and not just cycling. :)

    I also meant to tell you that I used your last blog post about breathing during the spin class today. It really helped. And I kept remembering Amanda's wise words of leaking energy and that helped too.

    Love the madwoman blogging! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete