Friday, February 1, 2013

Changin

I knew 2013 would bring big changes, I guess I just didn't know how huge the new energy would hit me.  As soon as 2013 started, I felt something shift inside myself.  That sounds so dramatic and woo woo but really, I felt like my intuition and my ability to tune into myself really kicked into high gear.

I made the decision to leave a job and team that I LOVED to pursue new career adventures.  I was with this team for 2 years and it was amazing.  The gym has dynamic and creative workouts, a very close knit team of talented, AMAZING, Instructors and it really had become a big part of my life.  Not only that, but a love of my life.  It still is and always will be.
I personally reached a point within myself in which I felt the need for change and I knew I was ready.  There were many factors that went into this choice and even though I was making it, it shocked me a bit.  I am going to leave this amazing place that has supported me and taught me so much about this industry?

The answer was yes from the bottom of my heart.  I felt ready to find new challenges and experiences and part of doing that was stepping into my personal power and taking a leap.   I want to continue to grow as a Trainer so that I can help impact people's lives on an even deeper level.  Not that I wasn't doing that before, but the more mentors, clients and environments that I train in, the more experience will help to educate me.  I felt the thing that could help me do that was change.  Big, bad, scary CHANGE.
After I realized what I needed to do for ME, I took action in a number of areas.  I wrote down exactly what I wanted in my next position, all the way down to the hours that I would be working, what my job would entail, who I would be reaching with my work, what sort of team I would be on.  I had fun doing this and writing it down helped me visualize which in this case, helped me manifest.  Without a doubt.
During this transitional week a friend asked me to vision board with her.  I am so happy that I did because it really got me excited to be in my own awareness of what I wanted. 
The biggest thing that has helped me during this big change is really deciding to stay in the positive.  Sending love and happiness to anyone and everything that I come across, especially if I encounter any negative energy in my path.  Sometimes I have to talk myself into that choice but it is always what keeps me going in the right direction.

Within a week of leaving my last position, I have found two opportunities that are absolutely amazing.  This did not happen without some absolutely terrible and way not for me- job interviews- but it was all worth it.  I will still be able to teach in Kirkland, at a local gym called Bassline.  It is loud, crazy and awesome and will allow me to create a whole new relationship to the room, the class and the music.  I am teaching two classes a week so that I can get that group energy that is so infectious and also to create space for personal training.

I am ECSTATIC that I was also hired on at a Personal Training studio called Shine Fitness.  The owner has phenomenal programming and vision and I have already learned so much about the body, even during the interview process.  I am beyond excited to connect with clients on a deep level to help them set goals and make big changes.  The transformations that have come out of Shine are inspiring and I am so blown away to be apart of it.  This training studio has everything that I wrote down on my list for my next dream job.  EVERYTHING.  I could not have found a better match for me at this time and am so pumped.

2013 is going to be about finding my own voice and shouting it from the roof tops.  The more chances I take and the more leaps I make the easier it gets to realize that it doesn't have to be so scary.  The more I learn to push fear aside and let it take a back seat to my dreams, the more I step into the good stuff.  I know some mom's get into the mind set that taking risks for themselves is selfish or somehow bad.  The first year of Dutch's life, I would feel guilty if I thought of anything but him.  I have grown out of that, boy have I, and it feels amazing.  Being a mom actually inspires me to plan my life bigger and better.  I want my life away from my son to be OUTSTANDING.  I want him to see the happiest version of me which means pursuing my own passions.  I look at him whenever I need strength or courage and his face helps to keep me positive.  I want to live my life in a way that makes him proud.  I know I am and this time change helped me do that.   

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete