Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Journey

I am in the middle of a journey.
A journey of my soul.
It is odd to be at a point in my life when I am actually aware of this and in the journey at the same time.
I have created such an awareness over the years.
I am grateful for that.
I am grateful for myself. For the desire to embark on this path, knowing it will change me.
Because it feels bigger than me.
It feels like a big shadow that is leaning over a small child.
Only.........

The shadow is not as scary as it first appears.
It is fear.
Fear feels bigger than it is every time.
I have to walk through.
Every time I think of backing down.  Pretending I don't need this lesson, my body whispers the truth.  It feels like a hollow pit inside my belly.  It feels like a bold faced lie.  It feels like screaming without noise.
Wake up, sweet girl.
You can face this and you will be okay.
Trust the journey.
Trust the truth.
The choice was already made the moment you decided to live AWAKE.


-casey

No comments:

Post a Comment