Thursday, September 7, 2017

There is no such thing as perfect

Honestly, I love this picture of my family.  I love it.  I also look at it and think, wow.  if people only knew what that day was really like. It was definitely not a bad day but it was not perfect by any means. Not as perfect as this picture might make one think.  My biggest energy suck these days is how I look at Facebook and often I compare myself or my family with others.  I don't even realize I am doing it because at times it is like a mindless scroll.

Yesterday was the fourth of July and The Phillips were ready for a lot of fun.  Mixed into the fun was Chad and I pissing each other off for a good half hour, a little boredom, feelings of being too tired to go to the fireworks, some TV action, getting to the parade in Kirkland about 40 minutes late. Trying to go to the food vendors and seeing the longs lines and deciding to go to QFC instead because every restaurant was closed and the entire family was HANGRY as hell.  Chad trying to beat the holiday traffic out of the fireworks show and being a psychopath with his fast walking to get to the car. I mean, it was just a normal day but there was some "not perfect" sprinkled in.  I would not trade any of it for the world.  I love my family and anything that comes with it.  Life is messy.  Its boring at times.  It is yin and yang.  It is not perfect. ever. I would never want it that way. 

As I said, I love this photo of our family and at the same time, I am like........dang, they look like they haven't a care in the world. But that is all facebook is.  The highlight reel.  The good stuff.  The cherished moments.  I love it for that.  I love that facebook can make me a slide show, add some music and stir up emotions and nostalgia that I needed.  I love the highlight reel, but if you are anything like me, you compare your life and your self to everyone else's highlight reel.

Let's be messed up. everyone. Let's be super messed up and in love with our own mess.
And fuck facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment