Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hill workout

I did an amazing workout at home the other day and wanted to share it with my homies.
I had major energy, a great playlist, not much of a plan and no equipment.  oh ya.
I live in a condo complex that has a very long and safe driveway.  It is more of a hill  and when you are running up it repeatedly, it seems long.
I decided I would run up the hill and jog down, doing 10 burpees at the bottom and repeating this combo, 10 times.
It was awesomely hard and I really made sure I pushed myself up that hill hard core each and every time. 
At one point I saw a lady from the old folks home come out and watch me and that made me even more motivated.  I had to show her I was strong!
When I was done with my 10 times up the hill/burpee combo, I did 10 more, this time stopping halfway up the hill to do 10 jump lunges and then when I got to the very top I put my feet at the top of the hill and my hands going downhill (on the grass, so I would not get hit by cars) and did 5 decline push ups.  I was really struggling the second half but the mojo was strong so I completed the workout.
Hills are such an amazing tool for home workouts.  If you want to do this with your bambino, just put them in a stroller and go for it! Don't worry about neighbors watching or people thinking you are crazy for doing cool workout moves.  Who cares.  Seriously.
If you want something a little less crazy, find an amazing hill and walk up and down it, many times.  Listen to your breath, feel your body, you will know if you are working hard or not.   
Get creative.
Set goals for the workout and don't stop until you are done!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work fit mama! and I have no doubt you were hard core!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Such an inspiration to so many :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing workout! I've started doing Just Dance again and am having a blast with it!

    ReplyDelete